Saturday, January 3, 2009

Found money

That was a nice surprise! Yesterday, Michael and I were getting organized to go grocery shopping. I checked the budget so I could go to the bank and pull out cash for the grocery envelope. I had budgeted $180 for two weeks worth of groceries. Michael pulled out the grocery envelope and I guess I had forgotten that I still had $40 from December. So we only needed to budget $140 for the next two weeks. I've actually had leftover money the last couple of months, so I think I'm going to experiment with lowering the grocery budget.

4 comments:

Holly said...

That is great! Good Job!

Me said...

Wow, that's awesome!

Kristin said...

Woohoo Shirelle! Is your grocery budget for just food items, or does it include all household stuff (garbage bags, shampoo, soap, dish detergent, etc.) Just curious!! :)

Shirelle said...

It includes all household stuff. This trip I also bought dog food, dishwashing detergent, TP, etc...