Sunday, May 24, 2009

I ran around for two hours yesterday inquiring about part-time jobs and picking up applications. I'm trying to have a good attitude, but after working so hard to finish my degree, I'm bummed that I'm still having to resort to part-time jobs. I'm pretty sure I'm going to apply to graduate school for the spring semester, and I'm going to try my hardest to get a graduate assistant position to help offset the cost of school. It will also give me much needed experience for my resume. After having not worked for so long while I was home with the boys or just having part-time jobs, I just don't have much in the way of real work experience to attract a potential employer. I had two job interviews in the last couple of months, but neither one panned out. All signs seem to be pointing to grad school :) I want to pursue a career in education so that is probably going to be necessary anyway. My area is very competetive.

Anyway, I finished four job applications last night, and plan to do a couple more this week.

1 comment:

Me said...

Good luck on the job hunt! I know it's a difficult market out there right now.