Saturday, July 5, 2008

...and the $600 phone call

following up from the $1,000 essay :)

When checking my school's financial aid award, I noticed that they listed a:
Texas Education Grant with "denied" next to it. I knew I hadn't denied any grant (who the heck would?!), so I called the financial aid office to see why it said that. She said it was because I wasn't taking enough hours to qualify. I jokingly mentioned that I couldn't even if I wanted to, because I'm taking a basics class at my local community college in order to save money, and I wouldn't have time. I asked her if there was anything else I could do to qualify for it. She sounded surprised and told me that it might benefit me to contact another person in the office about a "consortium agreement" with the community college. Like I've mentioned before, if you let people know that you need to save money, they will often tell you how to do that.

Long story short, they gave me an extra $600 for taking the community college class. The ironic thing is that that class only cost me $200.

I was very excited to find that we didn't even need the $1100 we saved up for my Summer II and fall classes--between the phone call and the essay, I have more than enough money for school.

The graduation countdown is winding down! 5 months to go!!!

1 comment:

4in4 said...

Hurray for you! :D