Saturday, February 7, 2009

Experimenting with Container Gardening

I have absolutely no gardening experience, but I've decided to try some container gardening this year. I really have no clue what I'm doing, but I'm determined to learn. We're going to try growing tomatoes, peppers, and lettuce. On Monday, the boys and I started our seedlings in paper cups.







I don't really know if this will really end up being a frugal experiment. The start-up cost was about $25 for the soil, fertilizer, and seeds. I used containers that I had around the house, and bought one extra at the dollar store. I figure that at the least, I might learn a skill that could eventually save us a lot of money.

1 comment:

Me said...

I can't wait to see how it goes! I so want to have a garden, but the hubby is not on board.