Sunday, February 22, 2009

On Friday, Michael and I went to his friend's apartment for drinks and snacky food. Grandma was generous enough to keep the boys for us :) We got to enjoy a night out for only the cost of a bag of chips and a jar of salsa. Considering how many beers Michael consumed, I think we actually netted a profit on the evening.

I made a pot of homemade chicken noodle soup to take over to Grandma's so she wouldn't have to feed the boys dinner. On Sunday, we still have plenty of leftovers for lunch today and tomorrow. I actually managed to stretch that chicken through three meals. I bought it on sale for 0.55/lb. at Fiesta. The whole chicken was roughly $2.70. I made a pot of chicken soup with half of it, last night we used some of the cooked chicken to make chicken enchilada casserole, and I held back one cup of the chicken for tonight's dinner of Chicken fried rice. That reminds me that I need to cook the rice so it can chill.

No comments: